Every year at the beginning of the school year, parents elect their representatives to the Conseil d'Ecole (Primary School Council)* and the Conseil d'Etablissement (School Board)**. Their mission is detailed in the middle of this page.
It is important that parents vote because every vote counts!
Whichever list you choose, it is important to show the Lycée Français administration and staff that we care about what happens at the LFV and that we, as parents, want to have our say.
And if you want to help us, vote APE -) Why vote APE? because
APE LISTENS TO YOU, HELPS YOU AND ACTS FOR YOU
APE it is
CONSTANT COMMUNICATION WITH THE MANAGEMENT AND TEACHING STAFF
CONCRETE ACTIONS FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND FOR YOU
THANK YOU for voting for APE !
TO ENSURE THAT YOUR CONCERNS ARE HEARD AND ADDRESSED
What are these Councils for?
In a few words, the Conseil d'Ecole* adopts the school project, votes on the school rules and regulations and gives its opinion on all questions concerning the functioning of the school.
The Conseil d'Etablissement** is a instance that deals with all issues related to the pedagogical and material life of the school.
Who can vote?
Each parent is eligible to vote, provided that he or she has parental authority. They have only one vote to elect the parents' representatives to the Conseil d'Etablissement, regardless of the number of children enrolled in the school.
If he/she has a child in primary school, he/she also has one vote for the Conseil d'Ecolel elections.
The vote is personal (without proxy) and secret.
Voting is done electronically. The school sends all the necessary information to parents by e-mail before the elections.
Participation rate: 20.20% (19.17%)
Conseil d'Ecole (Primary School Council) :
APE seats: 10 (7)
UPEL seats: 5 (8)
Conseil d'Etablissement (School Board):
APE seats: 3 (2)
UPEL seats: 2 (3)
(in brackets the results of the previous year)
* The Conseil d'Ecole:
The Conseil d'Ecole is chaired by the school director. It is composed of :
- 1 teacher per level
- 15 parent representatives
Missions : The Primary School Council adopts the school's internal rules and regulations on the proposal of the school Director. It is competent for the first level.
It is obligatorily consulted for advice on all questions relating to the functioning and life of the school, notably :
- The pedagogical structures
- The organization of school time and the school calendar
- The school project or the school project in its first level part on the proposal of the teachers' council
- Specific actions to ensure a better use of the means allocated to the school and a good adaptation to its environment
- The conditions of schooling for handicapped children, taking into account local constraints
- Projects and organization of discovery classes
- Issues relating to hygiene, health and safety of pupils in the school environment
- The principles of choice of teaching materials and tools
- Questions relating to the reception and information of parents and the general modalities of their participation in school life.
**The Conseil d'Etablissement (School Board):
The Conseil d'Etablissement is a tripartite body composed of members representing the administration, representatives of the school staff, representatives of parents and students.
Missions: The School Council is the main body that regulates the affairs of the school. It is competent for the first and second levels of education.
It adopts :
- The school project, on the proposal of the school council and the secondary school council
- The school's internal regulations after consultation with the preparatory bodies (School Council and Secondary School Council)
- The school timetable
- The annual guidance education plan
It issues an opinion on :
- Proposals for changes in educational structures and class composition
- The projects of pedagogical actions
- The program of cultural and sports activities
- Questions relating to the reception and information of parents and the general modalities of their participation in the life of the school
- The programming and financing of school trips
- The organization of school life